Jason M. Tyra, CPA
Jason M. Tyra, CPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Principal at Jason M. Tyra, CPA, PLLC
92489302

I am trying to sit CPA i just purchased the probram Rogarcpa

I am trying to sit for my CPA i just purchased the probram Rogarcpa course , has any ever heard about this course , and also i am trying to see the schedule for the upcoming parts and dates so i can program myself but i dont find it i am in Florida .

Hi Surely:

I don't know anyone who has used the Roger CPA review course. I used CPA Excel a few years ago, which is essentially just a question bank (but cheap!). The "gold standard" seems to be the Becker Course where you attend classes a few times a week for several months before the test. You should choose a course that works for your learning style. For me, drilling with questions worked. Others require books or in person tutoring. Needless to say, more materials means more expense. If you try to do it without studying, you probably won't be terribly successful.

Each state has a different process for applying for a license. In Florida, you must submit an application to the Board of Accountancy before you can apply to take the test. Once you have the approval of the Florida Board, you can sign up for the test through the NASBA website here- https://nasba.org/exams/cpaexam/florida/. The test is offered in four windows a year, each with its own application deadline.