Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

For2 yrs I have tried to efile my mothers tax return. reason

Customer Question

For2 yrs I have tried to efile my mothers tax return. For some reason they can not identify her. I have all of IRS tools for Efile pin retreval and nothing works. I have used AGI method 5 times with no success. How do I get a new efile pin number?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Your mother would get that from the IRS.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Electronic-Filing-PIN-Request

To e-file your 2015 tax return or other electronic forms, you must verify your identity with your Self-Select PIN or your Adjusted Gross Income from your 2014 tax return. If you don't have either, you can get an Electronic Filing PIN form the IRS.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have tried that. Irs can not is her with link.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for coming back. That is very odd. If she filed her 2014 return they should have proof of that filing. If she filed very late it may not have been processed yet.

If the IRS cannot find her return for 2014 have you tried marking that no return was filed?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They have return and everything matches perfectly. They answer is send in hard copy but I refuse to let it go.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 9 months ago.

If they have the return and all matches what is the reason that no pin will be allowed?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
IRS is clueless. They have no idea why it is not working.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 9 months ago.

If the IRS will not issue a pin then you will need to mail the return for your mother. I know mailing adds more time but it is still very early in the filing time.