PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
64119565

Thank you... name is ***** *****, I recieved a a tax warrent

Customer Question

thank you... name is ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I recieved a a tax warrent in the mail 2 days ago for a tax bill in NYS that was previuosly paid the prior month ($1500.00)... Prior to that I had applied for a business loan for my business which took a hit from hurricane sandy in 2012... I was approved for the loan once omy FICO score was at 650 or better. I just had it up to 635 and then this am...I check Experian and I had a hit for 44 pts! Is there any way to have this warrant vacated since the tax bill was paided the prior month from when i recieved the warrant? Thanx ***** *****
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 9 months ago.

I'm PDtax. I see you asked for me.

Expert:  PDtax replied 9 months ago.

If you can prove the tax was full paid in advance of the warrant, you can ask NY to take repair actions.

Keep in mine the best you might get is a supporting notice attached to the tax warrant on the credit report that says the warrant is satisfied. That doesn't fix your problem, though.

You might avail yourself of the credit report ability to write about the issue. You could attach your story, including the full paid status (so the warrant is moot).

NY can be convinced to remove such an erroneous warrant, but this is a substantial task. I typically ask through the OTRA office, as they have the authority to cut through the layers of bureaucracy that sit between you and a warrant removal. A satisfaction will help, but it doesn't restore all the credit score points.

I hope that gives you a course of action to pursue. Thanks for asking for me. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

Expert:  PDtax replied 9 months ago.

Hi again. PDtax here. Can I ask you to use the star rating system to rate my response to your question to close it out before month end? Thanks.