Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

This is ***** ***** - my question is that I received a 2015

Customer Question

Hi this is ***** ***** - my question is that I received a 2015 W2 from an employer I left in 2014. I understand why I'm getting the W2 but I can't seem to work back to the numbers they have in box 1. In box 12 V I see where I have income from stock options, but that's only half of what is reporting in box 1. I can't reconcile where all of this money is coming from.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm showing $150k in box 1 and in box 12 V 75000. If I didn't work for the employer in 2015 and the income generated from the options is only $75k then where did the employer get the other $75k for the income in box 1
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 9 months ago.

That is a good question - and generally should be directed to your former employer.

It looks as a mistake.

Expert:  Lev replied 9 months ago.

Another issue in connection with the stock option - whether you received 1099B from from a broker?

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.