How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14846
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it true that if I provide my Block and Lot numbers when I

Customer Question

Is it true that if I provide my Block and Lot numbers when I fill out my income tax that I would get a little more money back? If yes, how can I apply for the past years that I was not asked to give those numbers? Thank you in advance
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


That was first started on the 2014 return.

Homeowners applying for the property tax deduction/credit must enter new information on Lines 37b and 37c of the 2014 resident return, Form NJ-1040. These residents must report the following information about the principal residence they owned and occupied on December 31, 2014: block number, lot number, and qualifier (condominiums only) for the property, and county/municipality code for the location of that residence. Those who were not homeowners on December 31 must provide information for the last home they owned and occupied in New Jersey during 2014. In addition, homeowners must fill in the oval on Line 37c if they completed Worksheet F-1, which can be found in the instructions for Form NJ-1040, to calculate the total property taxes paid amount for Line 37a.

The credit is not increased by doing this. If you did not claim this on the 2014 you can amend.