Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I am in the process of a private placement offering (Red D)

Customer Question

I am in the process of a private placement offering (Red D) I need to file Form D with the SEC and I have already obtained a CIK number and filled out the PDF digitally. The online filing system for the form D only seems to take XML and is very difficult to navigate. Is there a service I can use to complete the filing or convert my form to a format they will take?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security & Medicare, estate, corporate & tax advice since 1986.

...

Hi, I think I can help here. you MAY have chosen the wrong thin on the file form D page ... There IS an XML version(which is jut two lines UNDER where you should click to simply drop in your information) that DOES allow large firms that file multiple forms at once to use XML ... you'd need to know the XML language to do that.

...

For individual users you'll just see a replica of what you've already filled out that allows you simply to input the info in the corresponding fields.

...

I'm attaching an image of what you should see there (notice that under Information Exchange, then Making a filing, Schedule D - the one you should choose - is just two lines above the XML choice ... sounds like you may have clicked on that one by mistake.

Expert:  Lane replied 9 months ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know…

...

Thanks

Lane