Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

I have electronically filed my income tax return with

Customer Question

I have electronically filed my income tax return with turbotax, and I failed to included my anual with holding tax from my 2015 return. Can yo help me file an amended return?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 9 months ago.

What withholding exactly are you talking about? Are you talking about an overpayment from 2014, or withholding from a W2 in 2015?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Withholding for 2015 from 1099's

OK, well actually, I wouldn't attempt to file an Amended return yet.

On 1099 errors, the IRS computer should automatically make the adjustment; if you file an Amended return now, you can delay the processing of your return.

The best procedure to follow is to wait & see if they withholding is automatically adjusted, and if it isn't, then that would be the time to file an Amended Return.

Just checking in...................

I see that you have had a chance to review my response, but I don't see any follow-up questions?

If you do not have any additional questions, I would appreciate it if you would take a minute to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,