Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

Thanks. My name is ***** *****, and I had a question about

Customer Question

Thanks for asking. My name is ***** *****, and I had a question about filing income tax returns.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: So my question is, I worked in MA for the first half of 2015, then moved to NJ for a job in NY. Does this mean I have to file income tax returns in all three states?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 9 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer -

You will file a Massachusetts part year resident return, a New Jersey part year resident return and a New York, non-resident return. You will receive a credit on your New Jersey return for some if not all of the tax you pay to New York. That way there is no double taxation.