Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I have a question about 1099's. it is my understanding that

Customer Question

I have a question about 1099's for employees. it is my understanding that if they are "employees" ALL wages must be reported on the W2. This includes: incentive bonuses, car allowance, per diem, phone allowance
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had reports from employees that they received a 1099 for incentive bonuses, car allowance, per diem, and phone allowance these wages were not reported on their W2 as taxable income
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 9 months ago.

Hello

You are correct that all wages are to be shown on the W2 of employees.

The bonus they were paid by another employer and shown on 1099MISC would not have been correct.

You should stay with the reporting that is correct.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15.pdf

Expert:  Robin D. replied 9 months ago.

Please respond