Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  Practicing since 2004. Expert in 1040, small business, represent vs. IRS, & int'l tax mattters.
20877915

I purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe at Staples on 2/04 16 .99 plus

Customer Question

I purchased Turbo Tax Deluxe at Staples on 2/04 16 for 49.99 plus 3.12 MA sales tax. I have completed my return and ready to file. Turbo Tax wants me tp pay again for the application before filing my federal return.
Emile Beauchamp
Category: Tax
Expert:  Phillip B, EA replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com! I will do my best to provide you with a clear and concise answer to your tax question based on the information that you have provided.

I have worked for TurboTax's tax advice program in the past. I remember that issue comes up from time to time because there are differences in the software packages in the stores. For example, some TurboTax software packages include the software but not free e-file so that the price at the store would be a bit lower.

The only way you can resolve this is to call TurboTax. I would recommend trying to get someone in the tax advice department - they are usually the sharpest people on their phone systems. I don't know what the policy is this year, but overall they do anything they can to keep customers satisfied and you may be able to get a code to reduce or remove what ever fee you are being charged right now.

To contact them do the following:

1.) Go to TurboTax.com

2.) Scroll to the bottom of the home page.

3.) Find the section labeled "Help and Support"

4.) Click on "Contact Us".

5.) On the subsequent page, type a tax question.

6.) The page should provide a button to call, but the system appears to be down while I was writing this answer so you may need to try later in the day.

If there are additional questions or concerns, please reply to this answer so that I may assist you further. If this answers your question, please rate my answer between 3 and 5 stars so that I may be credited for my work. Thanks for your business:)