Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Jesusa
, If I took out an in-service withdrawal from my

Customer Question

Jesusa
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: If I took out an in-service withdrawal from my 401k and paid the Federal taxes and state taxes does the income be included in my gross income for tax purposes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 10 months ago.

Hello

Yes, even though tax was withheld on both the federal and state level, the distribution is required to still be reported on your return and is added to your income.

The tax withheld is also reported so you receive payment credit for the taxes withheld.

When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.