Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Okay, you said, I can deduct my service dog, medically or

Customer Question

Okay, you said, I can deduct my service dog, medically or business wise? correct?
I can deduct vet, grooming, food and equipment expenses for my dog under medical or business expenses?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 10 months ago.

Hello

You can include in medical expenses the costs of buying, training, and maintaining a guide dog or other service animal to assist a visually-impaired or hearing-impaired person, or a person with other physical disabilities.

The vet, food, grooming and equipment expenses for the animal are all added in the medical.

I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!
You have to actively click on a rating (OK or Better) and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.

After you view my response, please post below

Checking to ask if my answer addressed your question