emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

My medicare payment takes all of my social security payment

Customer Question

My medicare payment takes all of my social security payment since I took part B out after several years. Is that fund that is totally used for my medicare taxable
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your social security income includes the funds deducted for your medicare so yes, the medicare payments are considered your social security income. If it is taxable or not and how much depends on your other income and your filing status. If you give me more information I can tell you if it is taxable or not. I will need to know your total income and your filing status.

John, I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.