CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA
Experience:  over 40 years experience in tax matters
50756543

I recived a Levy from the IRS 668-A(ICS) they sent to my

Customer Question

I recived a Levy from the IRS 668-A(ICS) they sent to my bank witch had on moneys in it, but a third party vender had money owning to me and took it. How do i know if this is a one time Levy or on going?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I owe the IRS for 941 taxes ($361,619.00) from 1999 to 2007
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. I can assist.

I will ask for a small price increase to assist, as I need a bit more information to answer accurately.

Accept my Offer, and I will assist you shortly.

Expert:  CGCPA replied 1 year ago.

Each levy is, by itself, a one time hit. However, having found money the IRS will return with other levies in the future and, given the amount you purport is owed, that future will be soon and often.

Although a levy is a one time matter, a garnishment is not and this can also be employed by tax agencies. You should seriously seek professional assistance in either making a payment plan or offer in compromise. Speak with a CPA, attorney, or Enrolled Agent. Any of the three can represent you not only with the IRS but in Tax Court as well.