Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

How is the social security number tied to an ein affected by

Customer Question

How is the social security number tied to an ein affected by the yearly gross income if company broke even for the year? After write offs and 1099 to ou subcontractors the company made no money.... Will the social that is associated with the ein be at all affected?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 10 months ago.

Q: Will the social that is associated with the ein be at all affected?

A: If you are asking will social security credits be affected, the answer is no, not directly. Social security benefits are based on personal lifetime earnings, not the earnings of the business. If you did not pay yourself a salary or take any owner drawers as income, then that affects your social security credits because you will not show earnings for that time period.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Hello, I recently became aware that there might have been some technical issues that caused problems with individuals responding or rating my responses. I am checking in to see if you require further assistance with this matter. If not, please be so kind as to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you. Let me know if you experienced problems with responding or rating so that I can report the issue.