Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I have tax returns from previous year, can i still just mail

Customer Question

I have tax returns from previous year, can i still just mail in with payment?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You may mail in your previous return and send payment with that return if a balance due was calculated.

The tax agency will send you a notice for late filing and any interest due for not paying on time.

Please let me know if you need the address for mailing.

I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!
You have to actively click on a rating (OK or Better) and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Did you need an address?

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** please allow me to provide you with additional, important information that was not provided.

Your original question mentions tax RETURNS (more than one). If that is the case, you will want to mail each tax return in a SEPARATE envelope, rather than include all tax returns in one envelope. I would also suggest mailing each tax return to the IRS by certified mail, return receipt requested. Please also remember to keep a copy of any tax returns that you mail to the IRS for your records.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if I can assist you further. If so, please let me know.

Best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

After you view my response, please post below if you need more information