Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

Just wanted to know what my take home pay would be
,

Customer Question

Customer: Just wanted to know what my take home pay would be
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure, I am going to be working in Manhattan, gross pay is 110000 I want to live in NJ and commute
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Peter Griesch replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your after tax pay will depend on a number of factors; what you listing on your W-4 and NJ state tax withholding forms when you start the job, whether a 401(k) or other retirement plan will be withheld, commuter benefits, and any other withholding you make. Additionally, what you'll owe in tax depends on your total gross household income.

Determine your total gross household income by subtracting the above from your pay. Then look at which Fed rate you're in on the IRS website:https://www.irs.com/articles/2015-federal-tax-rates-personal-exemptions-and-standard-deductions. Then look at your rate on the NJ tax website.

This will give you a good idea of what your after tax pay will be.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Expert:  Barbara replied 10 months ago.

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** please allow me to provide you with the specific answer you requested.

A good estimate of your take home pay if you live in NJ and work in NYC based on an annual salary of $110,000 is $3,050. This is based on a filing status of single, 1 exemption for yourself, and that you get paid twice per month. Of course, there are other factors that would affect that amount, but it is a good starting point.

The following link contains a paycheck calculator which you will also find helpful:

http://www.paycheckcity.com/calculator/salary/

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 10 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if I can assist you further. If so, please let me know.

Best regards,

Barb