Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

How do I contact a human???? None of the options on line or

Customer Question

How do I contact a human???? None of the options on line or by phone can answer my question!
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm not interested in "joining" anything, so if I have to JOIN, please delete my question. Thank you.
Expert:  Anne replied 10 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I'll be happy to help.

You are not required to join anything here at Justanswer. If you don't want to join, then you only pay for the answer to your question and ignore any prompts asking you to join.

I'm assuming that you want to talk to a real person at the IRS.

You would need to call(###) ###-#### ***** wait time could be long......but this # ***** get you to a live body.

I'm assuming that you have already checked with your bank, and found no record of a deposit from the IRS in 2014.

There are some common reasons why people may not get their full refund.

1- The IRS never received your 2014 tax return. If this is the case, then you simply resend it.

2-You had an "offset" . In other words, you owed some government agency, such as student loan, back child support, etc. You can read about that here:

https://www.irs.gov/Tax-Exempt-Bonds/Application-of-the-Treasury-Offset-Program-to-Payments-to-Issuers-of-Direct-Pay-Bonds

There is also a "Tax payer Advocate" service that's free. (https://www.irs.gov/Advocate) that acts as a liaison between you and the IRS.

They will not have your tax information, so they can not tell you whether or not you received your refund in 2014 However, they might offer up some help in getting you the information you need.

If you have any questions, please post them here & I'll be notified.

If this answer has helped you, then please rate positive by clicking on the stars

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge

Thank you for choosing justanswer.