JKCPA
JKCPA, CPA
Experience:  CPA with tax experience.
23848519

My name is ***** ***** Guibor, Ophthalmonology &

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Guibor, Ophthalmonology & Oculoplastic Surgeon. We are applying to re-certify to be a provider for Medicaid patients. We need 147C letter from IRS. Can you help us?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We received letter and forms from Department of Human Services to re-certify be one of the their providers. They require us to obtain form 147C from IRS.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  JKCPA replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you don't have your original CP575 notice that IRS sent assigning your EIN, you will need to call IRS to get a Letter 147C issued to you. The Letter 147C will confirm your EIN. The IRS business help line can help you at 1-***-***-****. The hours of operation are 7a.m.-10p.m. local time, Monday-Friday. Unfortunately, there is no way to request the 147C letter online or by e-mail at this time.

You may send a written request for the letter 147C but it would be faster to call and request on the phone. If you send a written request, write to the IRS service center where you file your tax return, Attn: Entity Section, and ask for IRS letter 147C, "EIN Previously Assigned". If you have it, you must enclose a copy of the second "B" notice with your request.

If you do not have a "B" notice, then include a letter stating the reason for your request.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,