Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

This year my wife was not working just i was working we dont

Customer Question

hi this year my wife was not working just i was working we dont have children we use obama care last year .you think for best result better file joinly or as dependent ?
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi this year my wife was not working just...hi this year my wife was not working just i was working we dont have children we use obama care last year .you think for best result better file joinly or as dependent ?
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

Even though your wife did not work, you can still file married filing jointly. Typically it is more beneficial to file married filing jointly even if only one spouse works. Note that for tax purposes, spouses are never considered a dependent. For confirmation of what I have written, you can refer to the articles at the following links:

http://finance.zacks.com/can-file-married-jointly-wife-not-work-2325.html

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2595582-i-got-married-this-year-my-wife-doesn-t-work-and-will-not-be-filing-any-taxes-this-year-should-i-file-as-married-filing-jointly-or-separately

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Hello again,

Checking in to see if the information that I provided to you was useful. If so, please be so kind as to positively rte my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Thank you in advance.