Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

My name is ***** *****
, I want to apply EIN online

Customer Question

Customer: Hello. My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I want to apply EIN online for my late sister's revocable trust
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

Hi - I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), concentration in Tax Law & Corporate law, an MBA (specialization in finance & tax), and BBA from Mercer University’s Stetson School of Business and Economics, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I can help here

...

First, I'm sorry for your loss

...

How can I help .... You can certainly apply online for the trust's EIN

...

Here's the site for that: https://sa.www4.irs.gov/modiein/individual/legal-structure.jsp

...

(Note that the option for "trust" is toward the bottom of the screen)

...

As an aside, (may be stating the obvious) now that your sister has passed the trust has become irrevocable.

...

Please let me know what other questions you may have

...

Lane

..

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need guidance on how to properly answer questions. I do not need the link to apply
Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

I'd be glad to make an additional services offer and work through this with you.

..

Doing this, in this posting back and forth manner, will not be very efficient .. as SO much of the answer will come from things that only you will know.

...

I'll make the offer now, and we can do this evening (east cost here, getting late, so would like to do ti fairly quickly, if you don't mind) OR any time tomorrow is fine.

Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

...

I just found this excellent video of line by line instructions for filling out the SS-4 (application for EIN)

...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY2GnT-o6Pk

...

These will be the same items you'll be asked to complete if you use the online version

...

But again, I'll make the offer for the lowest amount possible in the event that you'd like my help walking through the process

...

Lane

..

Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

Did my answer help?

Let me know…

Thanks

Lane