Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

My husband owes 941 taxes from past years he is deceased now

Customer Question

my husband owes 941 taxes from past years he is deceased now can i make a deal with the irs and how do i go about this. i was not listed on the business.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 10 months ago.

If your husband has an estate, the IRS is going to want the estate to pay the taxes that were owed. You may be able to negotiate an amount less than what is owed. However, I would suggest that you have a reputable tax professional negotiate for you. SEE BELOW:

Income and Taxes and Estates

At the time of your death, your personal obligation to pay income tax ends and your assets become an "estate." An estate may include money, investments, real estate and other resources, some of which generate taxable income and/or remain taxable property. The tax obligations pass to the estate, and the administrator of the estate becomes the person responsible for filing tax returns and paying taxes out of estate assets.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

http://finance.zacks.com/happens-federal-income-tax-debt-person-owes-dies-6209.html

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.