Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Paid a tax attorney/cpa irs money then the irs cme to me and

Customer Question

paid a tax attorney/cpa irs money then the irs cme to me and told me I owed for these years I have check proof that I oaid him but irs said they never received payment
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

It is possible that the IRS never did receive the payment. Generally when you go through a CPA or Tax attorney you still make out the check to the IRS directly not the CPA or the Attorney.

If you made a check to the CPA/Attorney then you first need to speak with that individual and get a statement that shows what you paid and stipulates what the amount was for.

If you made a check out to the IRS get confirmation from your bank that the funds were accessed (the check was cashed).

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please advise if you need more information or what you found out from the CPA/attorney.