Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I am a living in brasil and pay my taxes in brasil ( i am

Customer Question

I am a living in brasil and pay my taxes in brasil ( i am brazilian).I also have the swiss passport.
I would like to create a company in switzerland (I'll be the director and have 100% of the shares). It will be a ltd.
There is no double tax treaty between switzerland and brasil.
If I pay myself a salary as a director, will I be taxed twice?
Will I have to pay income taxes + social security in switzerand & income taxes + social security in brasil?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Any company that is registered in Switzerland is considered a resident of Switzerland for tax purposes. Therefore, the company you form is Switzerland will be subject to taxation in Switzerland.

http://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/global/Documents/Tax/dttl-tax-switzerlandguide-2015.pdf

Residents of Brazil are subject to taxation on their worldwide income. Therefore, the salary you receive will be subject to taxation in Brazil.

http://taxsummaries.pwc.com/uk/taxsummaries/wwts.nsf/ID/Brazil-Individual-Taxes-on-personal-income

In other words, your Swiss company will be taxed in Switzerland, and the salary you receive will be taxed in Brazil.

You are correct--there is currently no tax treaty in place between Switzerland and Brazil.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 11 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Barb