How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29535
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have questions about Schedule C.

Customer Question

I have questions about Schedule C.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.

Your requested expert doesn't seem to be online at the moment. However, I'm sure he would want a more specific question than "I have questions about Schedule C", so it would be a good idea for youto add more material.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

So if you run a business as a solo proprietor - there would not be any difference for income tax purposes, but the owner will be taxed on net business profit - and will be subject to both - income and self-employment tax.

You will report your income and may deduct qualified expenses.- you may report all business income and expenses -

on the schedule C -

The net income (after deductions) will be reported on the form 1040 line 12 -

If the business has net income over $400, it may be required to file Schedule SE, Self-Employment Tax

and net self-employment income is subject to 15.3% self-employment tax.

Self-employment taxes from schedule SE will go to the form 1040 line 57 -

Also - you will deduct half of self-employment taxes on the line 27.

Generally - that all you needs tax purposes.

Please review all possible deductions - that might help to reduce income tax liability.

Any questions?


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you will all tax related issues.