Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

I live in Florida and work from my boat, can I write off my

Customer Question

I live in Florida and work from my boat, can I write off my monthly slip fees on my federal taxes for my S Corp
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 11 months ago.

Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years and I'll be happy to help you.

There really is no "office in home" deduction for an S Corp, however, you can have the S Corp reimburse you for the expenses that would have been allowable under the office in home rules.

For more in depth information, please see below:

http://www.hhcpa.com/blogs/income-tax-accountants-cpa/office-in-the-home-deduction-limitations-for-s-corporation-shareholder-employees

If this answer has helped you, please take the moment to rate positive (by clicking on the stars)

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

Expert:  Anne replied 11 months ago.

I see that you read my response, but didn't rate it. Do you have further questions? Anything I can further help you with?

Please remember, it is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.