Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

, filing late the form 5472- since 2008- what is the

Customer Question

Customer: My name is*****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: filing late the form 5472- since 2008- what is the maximum penalty? can i do some thing to reduce the penalty?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i'll get back to you later
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to our site!

Penalties for failure to file Form 5472 is a penalty of $10,000 will be assessed on any reporting corporation that fails to file Form 5472 when due and in the manner prescribed. The penalty also applies for failure to maintain records as required by Regulations section 1.6038A-3.

If the failure continues for more than 90 days after notification by the IRS, an additional penalty of $10,000 will apply. This penalty applies with respect to each related party for which a failure occurs for each 30-day period (or part of a 30-day period) during which the failure continues after the 90-day period ends.
Criminal penalties under sections 7203, 7206, and 7207 may also apply for failure to submit information or for filing false or fraudulent information.

Expert:  Lev replied 11 months ago.

The penalty may be abated after the IRS assessed penalties, the taxpayer may ask to abate under two possible reasons:

- First-time abatement (FTA) - if the taxpayer has not previously been required to file a return or has no prior penalties for the last three years.

- Reasonable cause - if the IRS determines that the taxpayer exercised ordinary business care and prudence in determining its tax obligations but was nevertheless unable to timely file the return.

Expert:  Lev replied 11 months ago.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.