emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I got a call from DC about a tax free grant in the amount of

Customer Question

I got a call from Washington DC about a tax free grant in the amount of 14,566 they td me it is not taxable.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Leesa. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Are you a student? Have you applied for any grants? Education or research grants can be nontaxable but they just don't call you out of the blue. You have to apply for them.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Here's a warning from US department Health and human services about potential Grant scams: http://www.hhs.gov/grants/grants/avoid-grant-scams/index.html

If you didn't apply for it and somebody just call you to offer a you one, asking for bank or credit card info for whatever reason, it's most likely a scam.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.