Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Distribution account why would you post loans that the owner

Customer Question

Customer: distribution account why would you post loans that the owner used his home equity for to the distribution account when the company paid the equity line off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i am assisting someone with what what the accountant said to put in a distribution account but there are many enties like a loan payoff, rent ect why would they be put there in that account
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

...

I can help here.

..

Can you give me a little background? (entity type, S-Corp, LLC, C-Corp)

...

And a little more about what the transaction is here? (For example, was the loan FROM an owner To the business?)

...

Thanks

...

I'll be here

Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

Essentially, if the entity, the company, was the borrower, the account entry would be a debit to Loan Payable, and a credit to Cash.