Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

Im an executor of a deceased individual. In establishing an

Customer Question

Im an executor of a deceased individual. In establishing an estate account and applying for a tax I'd number, I'm being told name does not match SS #. ?????
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The name has to be exactly as on his social security card. SSA supply the info to IRS. It is a common rejection code. The name could be hyphenated, has middle name or just spelled differently. Also make sure that the SS# ***** ***** The easiest fix is to check his last filed tax return and copy the name exactly from it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't have his social security card. I have his medicare card only
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
His death certificate, medicare and Medicaid crds all have the social security number that I've been using. ????

The Medicare card may not have the full name, correct name or the card wasn't changed after he or she changed his/her name or the social administration wasn't notified about the name change. This usually happens to women after they get married and then I have to use maiden name on the return to file it. You will need to get his tax return or social security card. If all three documents have the same SS#, than most likely the number is ***** unless the death certificate was issued using Medicare card. Medicate share info with Medicare, it is the same organization. If the Medicare card is wrong, they all could be wrong.