Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I HAVE A CFC WITH EFFECTIVELY CONNECTED INCOME US

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I HAVE A CFC WITH EFFECTIVELY CONNECTED INCOME US SHAREHOLDER OWNS 90% ITS A CORP ORGANIZED IN THE PHILIPPINES SO I CANT ELECT A DISRREGARDED ENTITY HOW SHOULD I REPORT INCOME
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: FOR EXAMPLE
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: SURE
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 12 months ago.

If that foreign corporation operates in the US - and the shareholder provides services to that corporation - the compensation for services is generally reported as wages.

However based on specific circumstances - such services may be classified as provided by a self-employed contractor - and in this case - that would be self-employment income.

Distributions from the corporation that are NOT a compensation for services but made to shareholders out of corporate earnings are classified as dividends and reported as such on shareholder's US tax return.

Any questions?

Expert:  Lev replied 11 months ago.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.