Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I have lost my copy of the SS-4 form that was issued years

Customer Question

Customer: I have lost my copy of the SS-4 form that was issued years ago. How do I get a replacement.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need a copy of my SS-4 form
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No. I will try later.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 12 months ago.

...

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), concentration in Tax Law & Corporate law, an MBA (specialization in finance & tax), and BBA from Mercer University's Stetson School of Business and Economics, as well as CFP and CRPS designations.

...

Sorry, If you have misplaced your Form SS-4, the IRS will not provide you with a copy of your application.

...

However there IS a process for getting another copy of your EIN assignment letter or EIN number.

...

First, get the EIN from prior corporate tax returns or from bank accounts in the corporation’s name,etc.

...

Next, call the IRS at(###) ###-####(this is the Business & Specialty line) between the hours of 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. The hours are based on the time zone from which you are calling.

...

Next, you'll have to provide the Business & Specialty Tax Specialist with the requested identifying information about your corporation. This information will range from your company’s name and business location to the EIN.

...

Verify you are an authorized individual to receive this information. Corporate officers are considered authorized individuals by the IRS, so you will need to provide your title or role in the corporation to verify you are an authorized individual.

...

Then finally, request a copy of your EIN assignment letter from the Business & Specialty Tax Specialist. This will likely be sent to the corporate address on file with the IRS, or you can provide an alternate business fax or mailing address for the corporation.

...

let me know if you have any questions at all

...

Lane

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you JA. I have already called that number many times and they are too busy to help me. I thought that for $32 I would receive help from justanswer.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Please cancel my account.
Expert:  Lane replied 12 months ago.

I'm just an expert user here (although with verified credentials)

...

This IS the ONLY way to do this

...

I would hope that having all the facts will help

...

In my experience, getting yourself a good book, computer, or other task and waiting the 45 minutes to two hours that this takes is the most efficient way to do this.

...

Sorry this on just is what it is ... anyone that would tell you differently is "blowing smoke," and for me to give you anything other than accurate information would e professional irresponsibility.

...

I hope you'll rate me positively, using the stars on your screen … (that's the only way we get credit for the work here) … based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news/bad news content ... Hopefully, having all the facts will help you "see around some corners."

...

Lane

Expert:  Lane replied 12 months ago.

Sorry, looks like our posts crossed there

...

Again I am just a user here as you are (ut with credentials verified) ... Just answer matches up experts with those like you that have tax or financial questions

...

We experts are not allowed by the site to deal with customer service issues.

...

here's their number: 1(###) ###-####/p>

...

and this may also be helpful:

...

Customer Support

We’re here to assist you.
How would you like to contact us?

Email | Chat | Phone

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
That is the information that is required to get my SS-4, but I have that information already. So no knock on you, but I do not need that. Please cancel my account.
Expert:  Lane replied 12 months ago.

Again, I'm just a user, you'll have to contact customer service as I mentioned above