Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

Got a letter from ico rejects team to explain how i

Customer Question

Customer: got a letter from ico rejects team to explain how i calculated line 12 on form 1040
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: its about form c business expenses for an independent contractor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 12 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Line 12 on 1040 is income from Schedule C. Are they questioning a specific line or deduction on Schedule C?

What they are looking for is source documents that you used to figure out your income and deductions on Schedule c. You said, you were independent contractor. Did you received 1099Misc? Did you receive any cash payments that were included in your schedule C income? What deductions are you claiming on your schedule C?

Howard, I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?