Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

HvAHDVAs
, I have 2 State tax liens in Georgia that

Customer Question

Customer: hvAHDVAs
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have 2 State tax liens in Georgia that have been paid , satisfied, and cancelled. How do I get them removed from my credit report
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Tax liens are the most difficult to remove from your credit report, but it is not impossible.

Once you have received the appropriate paperwork from Georgia showing that the tax liens have been paid and satisfied, you will need to write a letter to each credit bureau (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion) advising them that the liens have been paid and satisfied and include copies of the documents from Georgia showing the liens have been paid. Also include any documentation as to why the state taxes were not paid (i.e., illness, being unemployed, etc.) The credit bureau will review your letter and documentation and make a decision as to whether to remove the liens (even though they are now paid) from your credit report. Please know that it is at each credit bureau's discretion whether they will remove the liens or not so it is best to provide as much information as you can.

The following links contain excellent information you will find helpful:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/remove-state-tax-lien-4181.html

https://www.creditcardinsider.com/learn/guide-get-tax-lien-removed-credit-report/

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me for a portion of the fee you previously paid.

Best regards,

Barb