Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I FILE USING TURBOTAX. I EXPECTED TO RECEIVE $2.498.00 BUT

Customer Question

I FILE USING TURBOTAX. I EXPECTED TO RECEIVE $2.498.00 BUT ONLY GOT $743.00
BUT NO INFORMATION WHAT WHAT WAS CHANGED. I HAVE BEEN UNABLE GET THEM
ON THE PHONE. CAN YOU HELP.
THOMAS M GARLAND *****
DALLAS TX 75218 (###) ###-####
Category: Tax
Expert:  Alexander Haraczka replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Thomas, thank you for posing your question.

Before going any further, please note the IRS will not provide information to me, or any other experts here, without having a signed Power of Attorney on file; additionally, with their current staffing levels, long wait times and disconnects are not uncommon. Now, to answer your question I need some additional information:

1. When did you file your return?

2. Was your return on extension?

3. Did you receive a notice from the IRS?

4. Do you have a copy of your return from TurboTax?

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** please allow me to provide you with information you will find helpful.

When using TurboTax, there are a couple of reasons why the refund amount you actually received is lower than the refund amount shown on your tax return.

One possibility is that you used the Refund Processing Service to pay your TurboTax Online fees. If you did, your TurboTax fee plus the additional processing fee is deducted from your federal tax refund.

Another possibility is that your refund was reduced by the government, either to correct a calculation error or through a refund offset. Some reasons for refund offsets are overdue child support, student loans, and state income tax. You should receive an explanation letter from the government if your refund differs from what was on your filed return.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me for a portion of the fee you previously paid.

Best regards,

Barb