How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 14075
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We will be travelling early hours of the morning, and its

Customer Question

We will be travelling early hours of the morning, and its our first time so whom will we see to get our gst tax refunds?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


You mention traveling so I am going to say you are asking about tourist refund scheme.

If you are making a claim under the TRS for goods you are taking out as accompanied baggage, the current TRS rules apply.

You must be able to present these goods to a Customs and Border Protection officer on request along with the tax invoice for the goods and any other documents that confirm that you are leaving Australia on an aircraft or ship.

Show the receipts to customs. If you are due a refund then you will be assisted then.