Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I am starting a business and i incorporated wanting to do

Customer Question

i am starting a business and i incorporated wanting to do things correctly. I do not even have my product or packaging finished yet and its the end of the year so my question is is there form i need to file with the IRS since i have done nothing with my business dont have a finished product and have not generated any income
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

If you have already incorporated (whether C corporation or S corporation), you will need to file the appropriate tax return even if it contains all zeroes.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/corporation-file-federal-income-tax-return-sales-66457.html

https://www.irs.gov/Help-&-Resources/Tools-&-FAQs/FAQs-for-Individuals/Frequently-Asked-Tax-Questions-&-Answers/Small-Business,-Self-Employed,-Other-Business/Entities/Entities-4

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 12 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me for a portion of the fee you previously paid.

Best regards,

Barb