Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I just received a letter from the State da saying that my

Customer Question

I just received a letter from the State da saying that my line if disability pension will become taxable income in 2016 because I have reached the age of 55 which is the normal retirement age for my Special Risk Class Is this true?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

The day after you turn minimum retirement age (in your case, 55 is the minimum retirement age), the payments you receive are taxable as a pension or annuity and not wages.

Please let me know if you require further information or clarification.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you require further information or clarification. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me for a portion of the fee you previously paid.

Best regards,

Barb