How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Because of identity theft I filed my 2014 taxes on paper and

Customer Question

Because of identity theft I filed my 2014 taxes on paper and have never gotten my refund. When I check on The IRS web site it states my return is still being processed. How can I get my refund?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Do not shoot the messenger here but in case of identify theft it can take several month, up to one year to get the issue resolved and get a refund. The website may never get updated and the only way to get status of your refund is to call IRS directly.

Related Tax Questions