Richard, Tax Attorney
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
17027240

What needs to be done with massage cash tip as far as taxes

Customer Question

Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Cash tips, unfortunately, are taxable income and thus subject to tax. IRS Publication 531 (https://www.irs.gov/publications/p531/ar02.html) sets forth a detailed guideline on how to keep track of these tips and how to report them on your income tax returns. If, after you have reviewed this Publication, if you have any questions, just let me know and I'll be happy to help further.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!