Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I received phone call left msg from alleged irs said that

Customer Question

i received phone call left msg from alleged irs said that irs is filing law suit against me
they left a call back phone #(###) ###-####
what should I DO , HOW DO KNOW IF THIS IS LEGITIMATE IRS EMPLOYEE
ANDY CHIEN ***@******.***
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

This phone message is a SCAM. Do not call the number back. The IRS NEVER calls taxpayers threatening a lawsuit.

The following link contains excellent information you will find helpful:

https://www.irs.gov/uac/Newsroom/Scam-Phone-Calls-Continue%3B-IRS-Identifies-Five-Easy-Ways-to-Spot-Suspicious-Calls

You have nothing to worry about.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me for a portion of the fee you have previously paid.

Best regards,

Barb