Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I am completing form w 8bene
, our fimr has invoiced a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** I am completing form w 8bene
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: our fimr has invoiced a us company and they have requested the completed form. we are an active nffe. I am not sure wether we need an EIN, Giiin or foreign tin or none of them for box 8
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: unfortunately its qyite uyrgent
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

No you do not need an EIN. When you mark that you are an Active NFFE then complete Part XXV.

You can skip line 8.

The US company should know that you are a foreign entity and the W8 BEN E is what they keep to show why they did not withhold. As long as you did not perform any services in the US (physically) then they woudlnot withhold.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.