Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

What should I do when my tax preparer and I have not heard

Customer Question

What should I do when my tax preparer and I have not heard from the IRS
or the State Franchise board for over 8 months when I owe the government.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The information you provided does not indicate if you have given a Power of Attorney (Form 2848) to your tax preparer. If your tax preparer is a CPA or an IRS Enrolled Agent, I would suggest signing a Power of Attorney so he/she can call the IRS and CA Franchise Tax Board to obtain information regarding your issues. The IRS has a special "hotline" number for tax preparers. It should only take one call to the IRS and CA Franchise Tax Board to obtain the information you are seeking.

I am an IRS Enrolled Agent and would be happy to assist you.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you. If not, please take a moment to rate my answer since that is the only way I receive credit for answering you and alerts Just Answer to compensate me with a portion of the fee you paid.

Best regards,

Barb