Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

How do I retrieve a employer identification number that I

Customer Question

How do I retrieve a employer identification number that I have misplaced? The taxpayer is: ESTATE OF xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If you cannot find the number on a bank account or tax form you can call the IRS Business line and request the information. They will be able to assist even though this is a Trust.

Call the IRS Business & Specialty Tax Line at(###) ###-####

If my answer addressed your question please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed), if you need more information reply below.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

FREE EXTRA INFORMATION FOR YOU

The hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it. Examples of an authorized person include, but are not limited to, a sole proprietor, a partner in a partnership, a corporate officer, a trustee of a trust, or an executor of an estate.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.