How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4322
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Where do i report compensation of officers single owner s

Customer Question

Customer: where do i report compensation of officers for a single owner s corp on my 1040? I have completed my business return and I am working on my personal return
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I filed my 1120s with compensation of officers at 35,000 and ordinary business income (loss) at 35,415
I am not sure where to include that compensation - I did not file any other forms
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: it was a pop up. i will try to finish first
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi. PDtax here. Do you still need help?

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Unless you paid in the social security, medicare and other taxes, I would report the s corp income that should be wages as directors fees or rent or other income. Firm 1040, line 21 I think.

Thanks from just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.