PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
64119565

Where do i report compensation of officers single owner s

Customer Question

Customer: where do i report compensation of officers for a single owner s corp on my 1040? I have completed my business return and I am working on my personal return
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I filed my 1120s with compensation of officers at 35,000 and ordinary business income (loss) at 35,415
I am not sure where to include that compensation - I did not file any other forms
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: it was a pop up. i will try to finish first
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi. PDtax here. Do you still need help?

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Unless you paid in the social security, medicare and other taxes, I would report the s corp income that should be wages as directors fees or rent or other income. Firm 1040, line 21 I think.

Thanks from just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.