Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.
69500136

2290 Vehicle Tonnage: We purchased a Semi-Truck last year

Customer Question

2290 Vehicle Tonnage: We purchased a Semi-Truck last year for our Tax Exempt Tribal Fish Buying. We working completely under tribal rights. We only drive the vehicle in October and November approximately 6 times with a total mileage of 2160 miles. The rest of the year the vehicle is stored/not used. We went to renew the License Tabs and we need a Form 2290/Schedule 1-- STAMPED by the IRS before we can purchase the tabs at our local licensing agency. We start buying fish next week. Please how can I expedite this?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.

If you visit expresstrucktax.com you can file the paperwork electronically and within hours received the stamped document back via email or fax. They do charge $9.95 for the electronic filing, but they are a reputable company. I work for an accounting firm and this is who we use for our clients needing expedited 2290's

Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.

If you need assistance in filing out the forms on their website I am happy to help you.