Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert
Experience:  Extensive Experience with Tax, Financial & Estate Issues
30050794

Can you tell me if I filed a form 990 organization?

Customer Question

can you tell me if I filed a form 990 for our organization?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

It depends what type of tax exemption your organization has.

I can give you a link to the IRS website that will give you the status of your organization's filings, but there's no guarantee that the information is 100% accurate.

If you are exempt under 501(c)(3) you should also be able to determine your status by contacting the Texas Attorney General's Office.

As far as the IRS is concerned, why don't you just call them; they can give you the information as to what forms they have received & what has been logged into their computer.

Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Since you are offline now, here's the link to the website & the special telephone number for Tax Exempt Organizations.

https://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Exempt-Organizations-Select-Check

Tax Exempt Organizations(###) ###-####/p>

I can't do this for you as I don't represent your organization, but you can do it if you work for the organization or are a Board Member.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no need for a phone call, I think you have answered my question. One page I went thru assured me that I hadn't been charged yet but I have already had to warnings from my bank of unusual charges on my credit card. Put it back thru again and if I get another warning from the bank I will assure them it is a valid charge.
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I'll notify Customer Service. However, you need to rate my response in order for me to get credit for assisting you. Thanks very much. Steve G.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your suggestion that I contact IRS directly. that is what I was trying to do when I got directed to justanswer.
Expert:  Stephen G. replied 1 year ago.

OK, if you are having trouble with the rating system, just indicate your rating here & I'll work with Customer Service. Rating me has no effect on any charge to you. You will not be charged anything more than your agreed to.