Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I have a Partnership LLC, my partner with 5% left the

Customer Question

I have a Partnership LLC, my partner with 5% left the company and now I have the 100% I understand that I have to complete the schedule C as Sol Proprietorship My question is I have to fill out another form to inform to the IRS with this change? and What
happen with the extension of time Form 1065. Thank you Luz
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

What you've been doing in the past, or course, is filing the 1065 and giving a k-1 to both partners.

...

The way IRS will know that there's no longer a partner is for that partner to get a final K-1.

...

Checking the "Final K-1" box at the top of the form indicates that this will be the final K-1 the member will receive for this business.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

So here, the LLC will continue to the end of the year as usual. There will only be one form 1065. The Schedules K-1 will reflect the withdrawal of one partner and the fractional share of profit/loss.

...

You'll be responsible for the tax on your share of earnings for that period where there were two partners, and then the entire earnings for the remainder of the year.

...

Then you'll do the schedule C for NEXT tax year.

...

Hope this helps

...

Let me know if you have questions

...

Lane

.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

P.S.,

...

You'll also check the final return box on that last 1065 as well.

...

(Check box number 2 on line G of the 1065)

...

If this HAS helped, and you don't have additional questions on this, I'd appreciate a positive rating (by clicking the stars or smiley faces on your screen) ... that's the only way I'll be credited with a portion of what you've paid JustAnswer.
...

Lane

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That means that I have to fill up the 1065
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

That's right, one last time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

You're very welcome ... Your positive rating … (by clicking or touching the stars or smileys on your screen) … is thanks enough! … That’s how we’re credited for the work here

..

Lane

.