Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I am affected by which does not allow investemnet interest

Customer Question

i am affected by AMT which does not allow investemnet interest expense. Instead of wasting the "investement interest expense" can i defer it and claim it in later years
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Any disallowed interest for the regular tax or AMT is carried forward and can be deducted in a later year, to the extent that you have adequate net investment income.

http://www.eisneramper.com/uploadedFiles/Resource_Center/Articles/Articles/Chapter_12_-_Interest_Expense.pdf

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here at your convenience, and I will be happy to assist you.

Best regards,

Barb