Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I completed my tax return 2014, However, I have 8 items that

Customer Question

Good Morning:
I completed my tax return 2014, However, I have 8 items that I need to change, when I try to delete the item in the box. It will not let me delete it or change it. What do I have to do in order to be able to change the answer in the box? And put in the correct answer.
I can not get it to clear the answer.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

Can you tell me what software you're using?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lane: I believe windows XP, however I just downloaded windows 10. I had done all my work before I did that. I hope this helps.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

That IS another good piece that might come into play ... But I was asking which tax software (turbotax, tax act, h&r block online, etc.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turbo Tax Home and Business
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Lane:It is Personal & small Business or
Home & Business.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

OK, I'm not intimately familiar (I use one of the intuit professional tax prep programs for my clients) but what I'm told by the intuit support folks that I have access to is ... any time you need to correct an error on your return ... or just don't feel right about anything ... the best course of action is to restart the interview process for the section that needs to be corrected. Any new responses you enter will effectively replace your old answers.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Also, I just found something similar in the intuit support forum:

...

"In order to correct the information you have to go back to the section that need to be corrected. For example, if you want to make federal taxes correction in wages and income section, access your account and select federal taxes wages and income. The software has two options, one is guide me and the other is to explore on your own. You can also search for the information topic you want to correct. Go to my account, tools, topic search, write the section to be corrected chose the item and select go. Turbo Tax will take you directly to the section you want to make the correction. "

...

This seems to concur that the basic path for these personal intuit products is to go back and re-do the "section."

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Here's another forum entry that seems to convey the same thing:

...

You should be able to edit any information in your return by signing in to turbotax, click on the "Finish My Taxes" button, and on the left hand column you will see several options such as "Home" "Personal Info" "Federal" "State", etc. depending on what you're wanting to edit, you can click on whichever tab and once you get to the "summary" page after all the information has been entered, you will see a list of all the sections you entered with "Edit" buttons next to them. There you can edit whatever information you have entered that you want.

...

Is this helping?

...

Lane

....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not.familiar with this. However, I will try to see if I can do it. The Turbo Tax forms fill the whole screen. I did go into the screen that you spoke about, but I didn't see a topic that fit what I needed,
I appreciate you help and information, I will go back and try to see if I can correct the 8 mistakes.
Thank you for your time. I have been so frustrated trying to accomplish getting these mistakes taken care of.
You have a great day and thank you again for your help.
Ann :}
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome Ann,

...

I'm going to make what's called an additional services offer here, so that, if you continue to have trouble, we can get on the phone and work through it together .. might be quicker and easier that way - Only accept if you'd like that option.

...

Otherwise, I'd appreciate a positive rating (by clicking the stars or smiley faces on your screen) ... that's the only way I'll be credited for the work here.

...

But please some back here if you're still having trouble

...

Lane

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lane:I think most of these are easy fixes. It's just getting to the right place and removing and putting in the right answer. I would love to speak with you on the phone. I have to take my husband to the Dr. we had a home invasion with 2 black guys. they kicked in the back door, after they took bolt cutters and cut the cyclone fence from the golf course and went over our back wall. They beat both of us up . The one beat my husband so bad that he was in the trauma center at the Hospital, with severe bleeding on the brain. They took our wedding rings and of course jewelry and money. It was very traumatic. Is there someway that I could speak with you later in the day?
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

I'm so sorry - Yes absolutely

...

For some reason the system is not letting me make an offer ... But I'll be checking with the site people and see if they can get this fixed.

...

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

I hope everything goes well ... First things first... don't worry about this for now, we'll get it done ... just lest me know what I can do to help

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

I've spoken with the moderators now ... They're on it.

...

Let me now how things go

...

Lane

..

Expert:  Hannah-Admin replied 1 year ago.
This is Hannah with JustAnswer Customer Care. I'm happy to help facilitate an additional service offer but first, please update your account by adding your email address and phone number so that we may contact you.
Thank you.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

They did a great job ... (the JustAnswer moderators) didn't they?

...

So now, give customer service your phone number, and also look for a phone call offer to pop up on this page after several seconds"

...

Lane